Tuesday, July 2, 2019

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ You Helped Nick Find Freedom From Addiction

View this email in your browser
 
Nick was brought up in an extraordinarily good home with no hints of addiction in the past or on the horizon. Things changed while at a fraternity party in college, however, when he tried cocaine for the first time and was instantly hooked.
 
Everything Nick did was all-or-nothing, so drug and alcohol consumption was no different. Cocaine eventually fell by the wayside after he tried Oxycodone and his capacity for the pain killers rapidly grew to 18-25 a day – nearly five times a traditional prescription dose.
Click to watch a short excerpt from Nick's story!
While no specific incident led to his initial addiction, Nick emphasized that the pressure of failure, which he experienced for the first time in his life while away at school, certainly sent him into a tailspin.
 
“After I flunked out for the second time, I moved home and began to steal,” he confessed. “I stole from my parents because in my mind I thought they wouldn’t have me arrested. I also had access to a lot of my parents’ friends’ homes and I stole from them to support my habit. My parents did everything they could do to help me, but I was getting worse and worse. One day, out of the blue, the police picked me up at home. My dad and a [close friend] where both there and crying. Something had to be done.”
There are countless others with stories like Nick's. Please consider sponsoring a night of safe shelter, hot meals, and spiritual support by clicking on the donation button below.
Follow us at:
Copyright © 2019 Jimmie Hale Mission, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to receiving updates from The Jimmie Hale Mission.

Our mailing address is:
Jimmie Hale Mission
PO Box 10472
BirminghamAL 35202-0472

Add us to your address book

No comments:

Post a Comment