Saturday, July 29, 2017


Twelve Stepping with Support from Scripture 7-29


Galatians 5: 1 It is for freedom that Christ has set you free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened by a yoke of slavery.

Slavery -The condition in which one person is owned as property by another and is under the owner's control, especially in involuntary servitude.


Step 12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.



NO MATTER WHAT! Whatever it takes to stay free do it. Helping others get free from the chains of Slavery is a sure fire way of giving back.Step 12 tells us it is our duty to show others the way out of Slavery. I keep using the word Slavery to emphasize at least from my perspective, addiction owned me and my DOC was my master. A harsh one at that! My master (DOC) controlled everything in my life.I had to lie, cheat and steal for my master (DOC). My master (DOC) took everything in life family friends home cars children jobs money and I could go on forever about all that was taken from me by my Master(DOC)! No matter how hard I tried, I was in chains and there was no way I could get free. One day under a bridge in Philly a man handed me a little booklet. In the book was a story about a man who lived life just like me and in the end, He died and went to Hell. Like a truck, it hit me I was the man in that book! Right then and there my Spirit was awakened and I did not want to die under that bridge and go to hell.Supernaturally a strength came upon and my mind cleared and I walked away from that bridge and that life of slavery. The book gave clear instructions to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and He will Set you free. That man who handed me that book was doing Gods work through his 12 step duty and with his simple but effective way of reaching out my 16 years of slavery came to an end. GOD IS GOOD! 




By Joseph Dickerson / Recovery Connections 2017   

1 comment:

  1. Huge fan of your blog. Keep posting this great information. I've been following your blog for a while now. I would like to share with you an article I think you might enjoy. Hope you find the content as interesting as I did.
    http://www.centercityrecovery.com/our-blog/

    ReplyDelete