Tuesday, June 23, 2015

 Women for Sobriety, Inc.
"Daily, I am a new woman!"

҉ 

“The more you know yourself, the more patience you have for what you see in others.”
–Erik Erikson

“The one self-knowledge worth having is to know one’s own mind.” –F. H. Bradley

“Who looks outside, dreams.  Who looks inside, awakes.” –Carl Jung

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. -Aristotle

**********************************************************
Statement #5, “I am what I think.”
I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate woman.
**********************************************************

+++++++++++++++++++
Karen’s Perspective +
+++++++++++++++++++
     Do I know myself?  I can honestly say that I know myself better today than ever before.  I accredit this directly to sobriety and our WFS Program.
     Before my New Life, healthy thinking and self-awareness was almost non-existent.  I bounced off of one experience to another without ever considering how I got there or at my involvement. My thoughts and behavior were also quite critical.  I blasted others and, then, in turn blasted myself.  Blame was a regular part of my life; but, I was unable to recognize this fact.
     Statement #5 in action, and the center of the WFS “New Life” Program, continues to enlighten my mind and my life.  I am continually learning about myself and identifying and connecting to my inner thoughts.  With this growing ability, I am able to direct my life in healthy and empowering ways.  Daily I am a new woman!
     It was not an easy task to begin to understand and embrace my thoughts.  Early in my sobriety, my mind felt flooded with incessant talking and non-stop judgments.  Often I surprised myself with deep criticisms and negativity; however, I also found a loving, supportive side which I continue to encourage and grow with.
     Every day I am a new woman and learn to know myself a little bit more.  I am utilizing life-changing tools and developing in self-awareness as I continue on this journey of discovery.  Life is incredible, giving and filled with beauty and love!
     Through self-awareness and mind development, I embrace my beautiful New Life!Hugzzz, Karen

+++++++++++++++
+  Dee’s Insights  +
+++++++++++++++
     Hi 4C Women, For those who have known me over the years, you know that I was into the “Blame” game for a very long time.  It was this blame game that got me into therapy.  If I could just understand why other people made my life so miserable, I could explain it more clearly to them; they would see the error of their ways and change to make me feel better and, of course, release me of any responsibility for my life.  Thank goodness my therapist and the WFS Program guided me in the right direction.
     Learning to take responsibility for my actions and finally learning to love myself was a gigantic step for me.  I realized that my hatred of myself was at the root of my unhappiness.  Not to say that the treatment from others didn’t have an impact; however, it was my choice to stay or leave those relationships.  I didn’t love myself enough to realize I had the choice and the right to be treated as I deserved and to set boundaries.
     It is a work in progress as I continue to work on setting or re-setting boundaries.  As people in my life change, so do the boundaries.  Becoming a 4C woman turned my life around.  I learned why I accepted certain behaviors from others and that was a tremendous insight into so many aspects of my thinking and own behavior.  I finally got it that I could change only myself, no one else and that no matter how much others loved me, if I didn’t love myself, I would always be drawn back into the blame game and stuck in my negative world.
     I am what I think truly changed the course of my world.  No longer did I look in the mirror and say, “You’re stupid, fat and ugly, I hate you!”  The first time I said, “I love you” at my reflection, I looked over my shoulder because I didn’t think those words were coming from me.  I still remember that moment.
  • What do you say to yourself?
  • How do you see yourself when no one else is around?
     Practice positive self-talk - it works!  Most of all, learn to love yourself for this is the core of so many more positive moments and direction in your life.  I know, I lived it and am grateful every day for Statement #5.  –Dee
_________________________
Thank you, Karen and Dee, for your words of encouragement and inspiration to start off our week! ~Becky Fenner, WFS Director
Email:  contact@womenforsobriety.org   *   Tel215-536-8026   *   Fax:  215-538-9026
http://www.womenforsobriety.org   *   http://www.wfscatalog.org

No comments:

Post a Comment