Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Kimberly Griner Heinz'; words left behind from her beautiful boy.....Please read...please vote!! "From a journal I discovered under my son's bed after he died, it reads in part: "Jan 2, 2014 Well, I guess I caved. I did heroin for the first time in over a year. I don’t know why I chose to. Like always, it’s a warm blanket on a cold night. I actually feel ok right now. Heroin masks all my physical, emotional and psychological pain completely. When it comes to drugs, alcohol, coke, Xanax, they were just affairs, but when I met heroin, it was true love". . . and, "Feb 7, 2014: I was bad again today...I bought a gram of heroin and shot it all. I can barely write, hardly keep my eyes open. I wonder if this is even legible or makes sense. But it makes me feel much better. Looking back, I can’t believe I had the power to quit. There is no better feeling in the world. Ironic that something that feels so amazing ends up destroying lives. It’s the best and worst thing in the world. I told myself I would never do it again, but I guess I had to make an exception today. The only thing that can save me is heroin..." My only child was found dead 5 days later on Feb 12, 2014. He was 26.
If love was enough, all our children would be saved. Addiction is a powerful monster, so difficult to overcome. And so, I keep running...to Stop the Stigma and Start the Support to end the epidemic of addiction. Every vote helps spread addiction awareness and promotes running as a powerful tool for healing, hope and honoring loved ones. Thank you for your votes, shares and support in the Runners' World Cover Search. Please vote once a day, every day, on both FB and Twitter, untilJuly 22 by clicking here: http://coversearch.runnersworld.com/entry/678/
‪#‎RWcoversearch‬ ‪#‎OvercomingByRunning‬
Visit The Addict's Mom at: http://addictsmom.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

No comments:

Post a Comment