Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16 CHP 109 v 22 v 23 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS



For I am poor and needy and my heart is full of pain.I am fading like a shadow at dusk ; I am brushed off like a locust .  (GODS BIG BOOK)



Step 6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.


My heart full of pain was familiar and it was in my pain that I found freedom.My  pain  kept me poor needy and trapped . Pain was my friend and when at times became to heavy to bear I escaped temporarily through various self medicating  ways. Pain kept me away from love of others and just like a shadow I was fading away . My life became pointless and meaningless and self medicating wasn't working anymore. My pain had to go or my pain had to get rid of me ! Surrendering my pain and recognizing it taught me how powerful it was and just how much control it had over me. It is all I knew and in a way my pain had become my only friend..Through the steps I learned just how it shaped and formed my life. When step six wanted me to let it go I was very afraid because my pain was all I have known . With Gods strength and help I was able to ask my pain too leave and it did . Occasionally it tries to come back to visit but happiness has moved in and wont let pain back in.



John 16:22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. (Jesus’ words) (GODS BIG BOOK) By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment