Wednesday, November 26, 2014

November 26 Chp 89 v 50 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


Consider , Lord , how your servants are disgraced ! I carry in my heart the insults of so many people.


STEP 4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.


Are you one of those folks who try to carry all the grocery bags at once ? I am ,and there can be 15 bags and I will attach each individual bag to my fingers regardless of the weight .In the back of my mind I am telling myself , I am saving myself two trips.Half way to the house I begin losing feeling in my fingers ,suddenly I realize I am not gonna make it ,but giving up is not an option so i make a run for it but the load is too heavy and the bags split groceries spill everywhere and not just in my general area but the groceries actually take the stairs and down the driveway and down the street goes my fruits and sodas. Same goes for life ,we will do and say stuff out of anger and people will respond out of defense and hurt .Most words we receive are designed too hurt and cause as much damage as possible. Working this step will help you discover that like the groceries carrying too much in your heart will lead to your heart bursting with sadness and then collapse. No cutting corners when it comes to this step ! My heart was so full of the pain of the past that finding or fitting happiness into my heart was impossible. Gods Big book teaches that the issues of life flow from the heart and if it is full of anger , sadness , misery , and fear ,what do you think is gonna come out.Slow steady and consistent is how step 4 should be worked . Once you get rid of the heavy load you have been carrying there will be no reason too self - medicate and for once in your life you will have room for peace and happiness.

James 5-16 - Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.



By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment