Friday, June 7, 2013

Today's 'Ask' 6-7-13

Morning family! Check out today's 'Ask' about over-thinking and not communicating! Join the movement with me!

'Communication is big in recovery. What I have to remind myself of often is that for many years I did not effectively communicate. My communication was done by engaging in my addictions, whether it be communicating by taking it out on my food or by drinking and drugging. That is how I communicated and ultimately I was destroying myself and living in a vicious cycle of self-sabotage. My mind was in control. Recovery has been the time and place of learning what communication means. More importantly, learning what ‘I’ mean. Learning who ‘I’ am outside of my addictions. My addictions were my identity for so many years and it is a slow and gradual process of learning who Lauren really is again.'

www.Ask4Recovery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment