Friday, June 14, 2013

New post on Ask4Recovery





Ask4Recovery – 6/14/13 – How do I achieve balance in my recovery? by Ask4Recovery



Hello friends! Today’s ‘Ask’…

How do I achieve balance in my recovery?

Let’s start with the definition of balance, ‘stability of one's mind or feelings.’ Before I entered recovery, I had no idea what balance was. What stability was. I think I tried to justify and rationalize in my head that I was living a life of balance, but in reality, I was living a life of insanity. So balance is a pretty new concept for me, but also one that I strive for in my mind, body, and soul. It is a learning process as I begin to retrain myself and understand what balance truly means for me. It is different for each person and we are each on our own unique journey.

In the past, I lived in extremes. In black and white. All or nothing. Now, that I am living a life of recovery, the grey area is where my healthy mind and heart want me to live. This grey area means sitting with discomfort. Uncertainty. Frustration. I like having things my way and the reality is, things do not always go the way I want them to go. I can’t force my will onto others or have expectations of others. The only thing I can control is myself. My thoughts. And my actions. Learning balance requires learning myself. Learning what I want out of life. Out of relationships. And that all is possible because I have soundness of mind. Recovery has brought me a miracle and that is my sanity. And with that sanity come the ability to understand what balance means for me. One day at a time.

How do you achieve balance in your recovery? Let us know and join the movement!

Sending love,

Lauren
Ask4Recovery | June 14, 2013 at 11:43 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/p3wKKk-5a


Comment See all comments




Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://ask4recovery.com/2013/06/14/ask4recovery-61413-how-do-i-achieve-balance-in-my-recovery/

No comments:

Post a Comment