Monday, October 29, 2018

“We are what we believe we are.” ~~C.S. Lewis

“Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” ~~Oprah Winfrey

“Believe in your dreams. They were given to you for a reason.” ~~Katrina Mayer
Statement #5
 I am what I think.
I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate woman.
Art is very inspiring to me; my older sister is an accomplished artist. I recall being mesmerized by her drawings and felt that she possessed some kind of magic. No matter what I did, my drawings paled in comparison and often felt inadequate.

Sobriety and the continual practice of Statement #5 have enabled me to learn to believe in myself. Instead of trying to become a version of my sister, I am developing as an artist, finding my own style and feeling the freedom that comes from being who I am. It is invigorating and the learning process has become joyful.

Over the weekend, I participated in an art show and felt capable of standing in my strength. While still new in the art world, I am able to believe in my abilities. Through the WFS New Life Program and fellow sisters, becoming who I am no longer feels scary. I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate and creative woman!

Hugzzz
Karen
Hi 4C Women,
Know your strengths...and focus on them. Remember that what we focus on in our mind is what we give power to. To be empowered is to make ourselves stronger, more confident. It is part of learning to love ourselves, to believe we are capable, competent, caring and compassionate women.  

If you had to define yourself in 10 words or more, what would your list look like? Would it be uplifting or judgmental? Would it be encouraging or defeating? Would it be a mixture of praise and judgment?  Would it be difficult to compliment yourself, to list your accomplishments, including healthy relationships? If so, do you know why this is so difficult? Do you think your lists would be similar if you asked a trusted friend to make such a list of your characteristics/personality traits?  

It's important to be compassionate with ourselves as much as we are for others. We need to practice self-care while we are caring for others. While we praise others for their capabilities, we need to praise ourselves. As we share compliments with others on their competency to handle situations/people, we need to recognize our own competency. It's almost like the golden rule in reverse - treat yourself as you would treat others, especially those you care about.  

Last year we did an exercise for Statement #5. This might help in creating your list of 10 words or more:

I am capable of:
I am competent in:
I am caring about:
I am compassionate about:

I hope you will share your list or the answers to these questions with others. Perhaps even ask if they could add anything to it. I believe it will be worth the risk.  

Bonded in being 4C Women,
4C WFS Member
Copyright © Women for Sobriety, Inc. | All rights reserved | Federal ID # 23-1972763
Email: contact@womenforsobriety.org | Ph: 215.536.8026 | Fax: 215.538.9026
Women for Sobriety, Inc. | P.O. Box 618Quakertown, PA 18951-0618
About our service provider
Sent by contact@womenforsobriety.org

No comments:

Post a Comment