Friday, September 25, 2020

Running out of energy, I think of others with addiction

 

Partnership to End Addiction
 

 

When I’m Running Out of Energy, I Think of Others Who Have Struggled with Addiction
By Jason Brown
Partner for Hope Marathon Team Member


March 1, 2015. The turning point. The day I used to refer to as the worst day of my life. I was arrested in New Jersey for drug possession and charged with my second DUI. My car was totaled and my license revoked. I will never be able to forget telling my parents and the mother of my child that my irresponsible actions were negatively affecting our family and that I could very well face jail time.

It was that day that I kissed my old life goodbye.

I began working my way toward a life of appreciation and gratitude. I knew, just as I knew in college, that my current lifestyle was not sustainable. During this time, my family stayed solidly behind me, and told me that they did not want me to suffer by myself. They told me that we would get through it together. I also looked at my son, who was only five at the time, and knew that it was my job to keep him on the right path. He was, and is, my biggest inspiration.

Two years later, during a time of transition in my life, I took up running.


Read Jason's full story



When I’m Running Out of Energy, I Think of Others Who Have Struggled with Addiction
 

Support Our #PartnersforHope Team

Jason is a member of our #PartnersforHope TCS New York City Marathon Team. Meet the team, learn their stories and lend your support.

Get started >

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment