Monday, February 3, 2020

Why ‘alcoholic’ is a misleading label: Jeff’s story

Why 'alcoholic' is a misleading label:
Jeff's story


Jeff Brecht almost always knew he had an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. But because his drinking didn't line up with his idea of a "typical alcoholic," he didn't know what to think.
Brecht could go for several months without drinking. He had a successful career in finance, no DUIs and never drank around his children.

    
Read his story

Coaching data snapshot

Does addiction confuse you?
You're not alone

 

"About 15 years ago, I came to realize that my addiction to alcohol was mostly a mystery to me. The more questions I asked, the more questions I had. I soon learned I had deep misunderstandings about this complex issue.
My curiosity eventually led me to Face It TOGETHER, where I found an equally curious bunch of social entrepreneurs looking at addiction in much the same way."

   
Read more

Ask a coach


Heather Lister
Peer coach

Q: How can I make sure I stick to my goals for the year?
 

A: The important thing about goal setting and progress, especially for those who are in early addiction recovery, is simplicity. I can't stress simplifying enough.

 
Another important component of maintaining motivation is creativity. As a mom of three young kids, I have a lot of firsthand experience finding unique ways to get things done.

   
Read more
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Donate
636 S. Broadway
Denver, CO 80209

Copyright © 2020 Face It TOGETHER

No comments:

Post a Comment