Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Gratitude in the Face of Struggle-His Mansion Ministries November 2019 Newsletter


November 2019 Newsletter 
Austin L. 
Gratitude in the face of struggle
     
     
"Even as a child, I knew I was a sinner and I needed Christ. But shortly after accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior, my parents got divorced and my life fell apart."

Austin tried to replace his former comforts with whatever and whomever he could.  Once he was old enough to understand the ramifications of his sexual sins, deep shame and guilt fed an addiction to drugs and alcohol.

Finally, after the darkness and its cycle became too much, Austin was suicidal and crashed from methamphetamine use.  But God had not abandoned him at his hour of deepest need. "I suppressed the truth, was futile in my thinking and a darkened heart, was given over to the lust in my heart, and to a depraved mind."

Healing through confession, conflict resolution, and the continued compassion from those around him gave Austin the opportunity to look at his true identity in Christ.   
He found spiritual freedom by voicing his fears and failures to others. "I was met with love and forgiveness...I was tired of the brokenness and I knew I needed healing from my past, but what I didn't realize was that I needed a real relationship with Jesus."

  



STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View on Instagram
Forward this email



This email was sent to recoveryfriends@gmail.com by infotech@hismansion.com  


His Mansion Ministries | PO Box 40 | Hillsboro | NH | 03244

No comments:

Post a Comment