Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6 CHP 37 v 5 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


Commit your way to the Lord ,trust also in Him ,and he shall bring it to pass .(GODS BIG BOOK)


STEP 3 Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.



Sobriety through God ,the one true true God creator of heaven and earth will take more than a one time prayer! I know personally from days of addiction and insanity , I made God a promise ! It went something like this ,God I no longer want to live in this hell ,please take me home or give me strength to escape and help me fix this mess . When I discovered his unexplained strength to want to get away and hide from life and my addictions , I made Him a promise that from that day forward I would live for him and His purpose.Surrender and Commitment are the keys to sobriety . You might be able to  white knuckle it on your own but it is only a matter of time and you will succumb to the pressure. Bill knew that and that's why the steps were written that way and the first three are key because they are about surrender and commitment.



John 5-21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes.
(GODS BIG BOOK)By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment