Sunday, October 11, 2015

Later this month a new group of hurting and broken young men and women will arrive here at His Mansion.
 I Have A Stronger Desire - Jonathan Boyle
   "In retrospect, my childhood was typical. I grew up in a middle-class family in Springfield, MA. I made a lot of friends in our small neighborhood, and we would play football in the street and ride our bikes through the woods.
   I attended a Catholic elementary school, was baptized as an infant, and received my first communion in the church. But it wasn't until the community at His Mansion surrounded me that I began to understand what it means to have a relationship with Christ.
   As I entered my teenage years, I was diagnosed with a learning disability. I responded with anger. I was placed into another school-a new place to try and fit in. 
   I began to identify with the rap culture. My idol was the rapper Eminem. I even dyed my hair blonde to be like him. His lyrics about feeling misunderstood resonated with me.
   My relationship with my parents wasn't great either. They didn't understand what I was going through. And as the only son among three sisters, I created a completely different parenting experience for them. 
   My dad was angry much of the time and was difficult to be around. My mother, a nurse, spent a lot of time at work. I began to fulfill my need for connection in unhealthy relationships with girls. I was drinking and smoking, and then my girlfriend's family introduced me to opiates."
A Click Here to Read More 
Careers on the Hill! 
Do you have a heart for serving the "least of these" as they seek the healing of Christ? Several vital staff positions are available at His Mansion Ministries:
     The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the upkeep and care of our 18 buildings. He/She should have experience in carpentry, roofing, plumbing, electrical repair, and drywall. 
     The Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance needs of all the automotive, agricultural, and constructive equipment. He/She should have experience with auto mechanics, heavy equipment, and diesel.
     Applicants should have a growing relationship with Christ, a good work ethic, and a desire to invest in troubled lives. Employees raise their own financial support, and we supply housing, utilities, and some food free of charge. Come join what God is doing in our community!
Direct Resumes to Ed@hismansion.com   

Do you know a young person between the ages of 18-35 with a passion to see their generation restored? As a Servant Leader they will have the opportunity to do just that!
Servant Leaders:
  • Serve women and men who are struggling with life-controlling behaviors
  • Learn to make disciples of Jesus while being discipled
  • Enjoy the space and simplicity to engage more fully in their relationship with God
  • See the power of the Gospel transform fear into trust in the hearts of the residents and staff
  • Develop relationships in a community of honesty and vulnerability 
Servant Leaders are at the core of our program. Please share this life-transforming opportunity to join our amazing team of men and women.


Click Here for more information. 
STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook
View on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment