Tuesday, July 21, 2015






I have often achingly thought of my boy's last breaths in the ambulance, praying the EMTs held his hand...Tonight I received this note from an EMT in NY and share with permission:
"Kimberly. I'm an EMT, the epidemic we're dealing with right now is hard on everyone. The family, friends and the provider responding to the call. Its so hard to see past the scene sometimes. Past the addict. But they have a name, a heart, a family and they are loved. Stories like yours make us see past all that and see the person they are. People like you are why we as EMTs won't give up. Life is too beautiful to be stolen by a needle. I will fight this epidemic until my last breath. I've seen so many beautiful lives taken far before their time. I pray providers who transported your son prayed with him. Thank you for carrying on your son’s story. I'll be lifting you up in prayer. I am so very sorry for your loss."

Please be grateful for our EMTs, and particularly this dedicated, compassionate EMT in NY.

Thank you all for your continuous support in heightening addiction awareness by voting here --You may vote daily till July 22




No comments:

Post a Comment