Wednesday, February 21, 2018

2-21-18 Twelve Stepping With Spiritual Support From Scripture


Psalm 86 v 5-O Lord , you are so good , so ready to forgive,so full of unfailing love for all who ask for help. (GODS BIG BOOK)


STEP 2 - Came to believe that God, a Power greater than ourselves, could restore us to sanity and stability.


God made you for His purposes not yours ! Your life is a train wreck because you are living in Rebellion. Addiction (sin) is a By- Product of living life in rebellion from your maker. The reasons your living in rebellion or how you got here are not important. We only have the right now and we are not promised tomorrow. So what do you do now. Life hurts real bad ! Everywhere you look is sorrow, loss, and devastation.Everyone you love is distant or gone.Addiction has now taking over your life and you no longer live for yourself or your maker.Addiction has become your owner and your broken and lost . there is a way ! That verse above is more than just a verse, its a promise.God your maker is not a man which means he cant lie.That promise is a guarantee. God your Father is patiently awaiting you to ask Him for help and to forgive you for living in rebellion.Feel that tugging in your Heart that is a wanting to return to Him. I will never forget the moment ,I found God . Rock Bottom is where I was, hopeless lost and out of options. Broken ,I hit my knees and cried out ,Im done ,I cant go on ,I dont want to live this way anymore! If your real and hear me then help me! That was 16 years ago , the mess I made has been cleaned up ,I am remarried ,a father with a good job and I am living indoors where it is warm and dry. I don't cry myself to sleep anymore and I am not looking over my shoulder in fear of what is coming next . God waited patiently for me to return ,He forgave me ,saved me , transformed me and restored me. 


By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections Need Help email us recoveryfriends@gmail.com
Psalm 103v3 He forgives all my sins and Heals all my diseases!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment