Friday, October 12, 2012

Medicine Abuse drug guide for parents

The Medicine Abuse Project
 

As a parent who has lost a son to medicine abuse, the past couple of weeks have been truly moving.

The Partnership at Drugfree.org showed me some of the stories people shared about medicine abuse over this past week, and as a parent who has experienced the epidemic's effects firsthand, they really resonated with me.

In 2004, my son Mark died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. We found a bag of loose pills in his room -- none of the drugs had been prescribed for him, or for anyone else in the family for that matter. I wish that I could tell Mark what I've learned about the dangers of abusing prescription drugs, but it's too late. At a time when most of life's experiences should lie just ahead, his life ended and I will always wonder if I could have saved him.

Now that I've gotten involved with The Partnership, I believe that their resources may have provided me the information I so desperately needed.

Read the medicine abuse drug guide and arm yourself with information you need to fight this epidemic at home:

The guide can help you learn the signs and symptoms commonly experienced by people abusing the three main types prescriptions drugs -- pain relievers, stimulants, and depressants.

It's crucial for us as parents to talk with our kids about the dangers of abusing medicine and to make sure that the medicines in our homes are secure at all times. Please do this before it's too late.

Educate yourself by looking at the medicine abuse drug guide now. It could be a lifesaver.

http://my.drugfree.org/the-drug-guide


Thank you,

Phil Bauer
Parent Advisory Board Member

P.S. If you're feeling overwhelmed with your child's drug problem and would like to talk to someone, you can call The Partnership's Parents Toll-Free Helpline at  1-855-378-4373 or get more information now: http://my.drugfree.org/if-you-need-help

No comments:

Post a Comment