Sunday, August 1, 2021

Losing a loved one to addiction

Losing a loved one to addiction

 

Since my father’s death, I have done my best to learn as much as I can about what took him from everyone that loved him. I have found myself advocating for him in a way, since he no longer has a voice of his own. Sharing my dad’s story has also helped me understand and process my grief in ways I don't think I could've otherwise.

  
Read more

Coaching data snapshot

Ask a coach


Dave
Board member &
former coach

Q: Should I stage an intervention for my loved one?

  

A: Most people are familiar with the Johnson Model intervention, as it's used in reality television shows. It's a fairly confrontational method that centers around a meeting and demands for treatment. But it's not the only form of mediation involving loved ones and their persons at risk for addiction.

  
Read more

Physical wellness survey

 

If you're in the Sioux Falls area and in recovery from addiction, we want to hear from you! Please complete this brief survey and let us know what physical activities you're most interested in.

  
Take it here
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Donate

5020 S Tennis Ln, #4
Sioux Falls, SD 57108

No comments:

Post a Comment