Sunday, August 29, 2021

I Now Have A Solid Foundation For My New Life


 

Success Story:

I Now Have A Solid Foundation To Start To Build My New Life

Coming to Narconon was my last chance live, I would not of admitted at the time but I was getting involved in dangerous situations, living out of my car, literally fighting for my life for drugs, not eating or hydrating, doing anything I could to get drugs and not thinking about the consequences of any of my actions. I was living minute by minute surrounded by people that wanted to steal from me or want me to use drugs that were killig me. All I could think about was using, nothing else mattered.

I had been to other drug treatment center and never felt ready to live my “new life” after completing those programs; I was not prepared to deal with the reality of my life. My mind was still in a haze, I was not ready to work, deal with problems or people, I had no plan, no goals and no idea what was happening to me, I had no reasons to survive.

Meeting Thomas the Narconon Interventionist for the first time, he looked like he was lost; I asked him can I help you? He looked at me then at his phone like he was looking at a picture then he looked down at me again (he must be 6’6 maybe taller) He asked me like maybe I wasn’t who he was looking for or I didn’t look like myself “I’m looking for Rudy Martinez do you know where I can find him” oh that’s me I said hoping it was someone who owed me money or something, “I’m Thomas from Narconon Rudy, are you ready to get better; do you want to stop using drugs?” I didn’t even put up a fight it was now or never. My options were, I knew I would be dead in 30 days or less or surrender now and let this man help me. Before I knew it we were on the first flight to Los Angeles.

I arrived at Narconon Ojai weighting 145 lbs. dehydrated and malnutrition. My pants held up by my belt pulled tight to the extra hole I had made, my shirt hanging loose on my boney shoulders like oversized pajamas on a skeleton, my hair was thin and falling out. I was greeted like I was VIP or movie star, I had a sandwich served on a very nice tray with fruit and ice cold water brought to me. Everyone was so nice. The center looked amazing, a famous movie stars home once turned drug recovery oasis. They showed me to my room, high ceiling glass and marble through out, the last thing I remember was thinking how incredibly cozy the bed was, I slept for days.

I was ready for the first phase of the program, detoxifying my body from a lifetime of toxins, drugs, alcohol and who knows what else . The Detoxification program includes many hours in the Sauna sweating out all the drugs, taking copious amounts of water, vitamins and minerals and doing some simple mental exercises to get my body and mind ready for the rest of the program. The detox program allowed my body and mind to function normal without drugs. My body started feeling alive again, I was eating three meals a day of the most amazing food I had eaten in a long time and I started exercising, lifting weights and going on daily walks. My energy and cognitive function started coming back. I could focus a little bit better everyday, I started thinking creatively again all within the first couple of weeks of the detox portion of the program.

I now walk around with a smile on my face most of the time now, wanting to use drugs to handle my problems doesn't even enter my mind . I know that I’m not an addict for life, the things I’m learning here are powerful shifts in the way I was shown how to handle drug addiction. I learned how to identify and deal with negative suppressive people and disconnect from dangerous and manipulative people and groups. I disconnected permanently from everything related to drugs. I Learned how to identify and nurture good positive relationships with people that care about me and my success and taking those good relationship and building stronger bonds with honest and ethical behavior and communication. I learned that when I better myself I increase the success of all the areas of my life.

I’m 190lbs now, my eyes are clear my smile is bright, my mind is calm and my body is clean and strong. I have goals for all the areas of my life and I have the mental persistence and physical strength to carry out the daily action plans to reach those goals. I have a Solid Foundation to start build my new life when I thought all was lost before I came here. I’m telling my story as I hope it inspires others to reach the goal of a happy and drug free life , which is where I’m at now in my life.

If you or a loved one need help with alcohol or drug addiction please call the Narconon Ojai Team at 805-798-8040.



Narconon is a long-term, residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program that has been in existence for 50 years, with programs and facilities throughout the US and abroad. The program’s unique approach starting with a drug free withdrawal, full detoxification program and life skills allows the person to fully recover. The length of the program is individualized and is not based on a set amount of time, rather, the individual can work on the underlying issues at his own pace in a secure, safe environment with built in support systems.

The average length of program is 10 weeks. While we offer all the tools the individual will need to lead a drug and alcohol free life, it is ultimately up to the individual to apply what he has learned. Therefore, we also offer an after care program to further the support system that the individual has as he transitions back into society, to ensure he has every available opportunity for success.




Our facility, located in Ojai California, is the only premier Narconon which is tailored to meet the needs of personalized care. Here are some features of our property:

  • Maximum of 6 students at a time making it private and personalized care.
  • Chef that cooks organic meals, three times a day with prepared foods that accommodate all dietary needs
  • 20,000 Sq Ft property, overlooking 40 acres of open mountainous land for a panoramic view of Ventura County.
  • One-on-one care and attention from technical and administrative staff for students needs.
  • A distraction free environment to remove all barriers to students getting through the trials of addiction.


You can also check out more of the successes of
our center by going to our website:

www.narcononojai.org 


New Podcast Appearance: Executive Director of Narconon Ojai on the Tim & Jenn Show

Hosts Tim Ryan and Jennifer Gimenez have conversations on health, wellness and life issues. They talk about overcoming life's adversities

Click Here to Watch Interview

Discover great opportunities of saving lives and more!

Stay connected with us: Read our Blog!

© 2017 Narconon Ojai. All Rights Reserved. Narconon and the Narconon logo are trademarks and service marks owned by the Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission. Narconon Ojai is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment