Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Long Term Success


 

Long term Success Story: Dennis Thompson

I was born in Texas and raised all over America and parts of western Europe. My father was Air Force, so we moved around quite a bit.

For the most part, it was a good life, full and rich with lots of love and comfort. The only bad part being, we moved around, and it was tough leaving friends and starting new schools. My happiest memories were the sights of new places. Germany’s fairytale-like castles were a favorite. (Later in life, I would re-visit some of these old haunts while I was in the Army stationed in Europe).

I lost the love of my life in the late nineties and moved to New Mexico hoping to mend a broken heart, needing to start over.

It was a good move because it worked. It wasn’t long after that I began to develop arthritis. In the beginning, what was just an aggravation, soon turned into a nightmare of nearly unbearable pain, loss of sleep, and diminished mobility. My hobbies of wood-working and painting slowly became things of the past.

One good thing did come about from this incurable disease. I discovered an ability to write, and I’ve published three children’s books so far, but as time went by, I lost my desire to write. The pain was taking over.

Pain-pills were my only relief, and my doctor was happy to supply them, (on a limited basis of course).

It wasn’t long before I exceeded the two a day, and a month’s supply was not to last a week, (ten days if I was careful). I sought more off the street. This went on for more than two years, and try as I might I couldn’t stop. I was hooked, and my addiction took over every aspect of my life.

I knew I couldn’t go on like this, and I felt helpless to do anything about it. One morning, I woke up on my bedroom floor not remembering anything of the night before, and for the first time, I was scared. Terrified.

Not wanting to die, I sought help. I got online to find that help, and it was Narconon that first called me back.

All I knew is that I was going to Ojai, California. They told me over the phone that rehabilitation was the plan, and promised me it would work.

As I boarded my flight to L.A. I had taken my last three pain pills praying, hoping they would be my last. Before I exited the plane at LAX, I was beginning to feel the need for more pills, as the dreaded feeling of withdrawal was trying to destroy my ever-weakening courage. Withdrawal from opioids was nothing new to me. I’d suffered through them more than once, and it wasn’t something to look forward to especially with no back-up pills. You know, just in case you change your mind. (It wouldn’t be much longer I was to realize what a coward's consort addiction had made of me).

Outside, this night was as dark as my feelings of total despair when I arrived in Ojai. By this time withdrawal had gnawed past my last pill, and I was feeling the last of my moxie beginning to dwindle into nothing as I stepped through those double glass doors of the place that was soon to become my refuge.

I found myself surprisingly comforted by the people that were there to greet me. Their concern was genuine, that much was plain to see. In fact, by the time I was checked in and led to a room, I felt like a rock star. I wondered if all this was real, and thought that I might wake up in the morning missing a kidney!

Two of the reasons I choose Narconon were their ‘no drugs withdrawal’ policy, as well as the promise that someone was with me as long as I went through the painful process. Both of these promises were kept, and the rest was up to me.

As the program progressed, I found myself feeling better than I ever remembered, and each day was like the new and improved me was emerging. The entire staff were experts in their respective duties and went above and beyond at all times. As I said, they made me feel like a rock star, and in a way, I guess that’s what I am.

Towards the end of my sixty-day stay in Ojai, I felt almost reluctant to leave because of the friends I had made there, and I can honestly say that I loved each one of them.

I’ve started writing again and recently published another book. I guess that’s my proudest accomplishment so far, as I look forward to many more. Being drug-free for these last four years is my second greatest victory. Lastly, I’ve learned to deal with my pain in ways I never thought possible.

The only advice I can give anyone suffering from drug abuse is not to be ashamed to seek help. Be ashamed not to seek help!

I would say; good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.

If you or loved one need help with Alcohol or drug addiction please call our team at 805-798-8040.




Narconon is a long-term, residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program that has been in existence for 50 years, with programs and facilities throughout the US and abroad. The program’s unique approach starting with a drug free withdrawal, full detoxification program and life skills allows the person to fully recover. The length of the program is individualized and is not based on a set amount of time, rather, the individual can work on the underlying issues at his own pace in a secure, safe environment with built in support systems.

The average length of program is 10 weeks. While we offer all the tools the individual will need to lead a drug and alcohol free life, it is ultimately up to the individual to apply what he has learned. Therefore, we also offer an after care program to further the support system that the individual has as he transitions back into society, to ensure he has every available opportunity for success.



Our facility, located in Ojai California, is the only premier Narconon which is tailored to meet the needs of personalized care. Here are some features of our property:

  • Maximum of 6 students at a time making it private and personalized care.
  • Chef that cooks organic meals, three times a day with prepared foods that accommodate all dietary needs
  • 20,000 Sq Ft property, overlooking 40 acres of open mountainous land for a panoramic view of Ventura County.
  • One-on-one care and attention from technical and administrative staff for students needs.
  • A distraction free environment to remove all barriers to students getting through the trials of addiction.


You can also check out more of the successes of
our center by going to our website:

www.narcononojai.org 


New Podcast: Dr. Kenneth Finn – The Latest Science and Stats on Marijuana

We've talked about marijuana many times on the podcast and noted that quite a few of the former addicts started their drug path with marijuana. In this episode, Dr. Kenneth Finn from Colorado gives us the facts about the use of marijuana as pain medication as well as its adverse effects on young adults. Dr. Finn used slides during his interview so we suggest you watch the YouTube version of this interview so that you get the truth, nothing but the truth and the whole truth about marijuana. He's got the credentials and the science to back it up.

Click here to listen to his interview:


Discover great opportunities of saving lives and more!

Stay connected with us: Read our Blog!

© 2017 Narconon Ojai. All Rights Reserved. Narconon and the Narconon logo are trademarks and service marks owned by the Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission. Narconon Ojai is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public benefit organization.


About us


Narconon uses proven rehabilitation technology that gets to the problem at its source—and provides a path for long-term success.

For nearly 50 years, Narconon has saved those who were thought lost to substance abuse forever. Week by week. Year by year. Our success is measured in our ever-growing number of graduates who now lead new lives free from drugs.

At Narconon, we look to address the causes of addiction—to get at what drove a person to drugs in the first place.

The goal is a drug-free life.


Contact us:
Narconon Ojai
P.O. Box 1509
Ojai, CA 93024
United States


Get Help Now

CALL

1-805-798-8040


Download the Narconon Ojai Program Brochure



It is because of the help of our supporters we are able to continue to save lives in the area of drug addiction. With your assistance this group can contribute to a world without drugs. It is no small task but together we are fighting and changing the world one person at a time.

As a non-profit organization we require the assistance of our field to raise funds for our center which will go towards things like scholarships, supplies, retrofitting, and expansion of the center. We are asking that the friends of Narconon contribute a gift, a pledge to support our work, so we can continue to help people from all over the world to handle their addiction.

A donation of $20.00, $50,00, $500 or even $1,000 is appreciated. You can even do your own custom amount. Please click on the donate button to contribute to our cause.

Warmest Regards,
Fabian Padro
Executive Director
Narconon Ojai

Get Help Now

CALL

1-805-798-8040


Download the Narconon Ojai Program Brochure


401783b8-db9b-4a22-ba8d-e3f33c0631be.jpg

Fabian Padro – Helping Others Live Drug Free Lives

Running a rehab center might not be first and foremost on your list of professions to pursue. However, Fabian Padro – with a background of entrepreneurship and business – became the Executive Director of Narconon Ojai, the most exclusive Narconon in the world. This unique rehab has a completely drug free withdrawal, supported with large doses of vitamins, minerals and nutrients to get the body stable.

Listen Now


Click the link below to start tour of Narconon Ojai:

Click Here


Help.org Names the Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Santa Barbara

Help.org, a trusted online resource for individuals who struggle with addiction and their loved ones, has announced the Best Rehab Facilities in Santa Barbara, CA for 2021. Narconon Ojai makes the list for top rehab centers.

Click her to read full article








Narconon Ojai · PO Box 1509 · OJAI, CA 93023 · USA

No comments:

Post a Comment