Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 19 CHP 29 v 11 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


The Lord will give strength to His people :The Lord will bless His people with peace .(GODS BIG BOOK)


STEP 1 We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable .


God never intended for us to live life addicted , alone , and powerless ! Step one is a key ! Addiction is a prison in which we live and the door to our cell is wide open but selfishness , fear , and pride are the guards who wont let us leave our cell .In order to get passed the guards we have to tell God we are unable to get pass the guards and through our weakness , He will move selfishness , fear , and pride its a promise in His Big Book .Fifteen years ago I lived in that prison and God helped me get out . I have learned that God is faithful and powerful ,and even in the worse time of my life , He loved me when no one else did . By choice addiction gave me a life sentence with the possibility of a premature  death but Jesus Christ was sent to set me free and with Him was freedom and peace .


Isaiah 42:6-7 "I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness, I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You, And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the nations, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the dungeon And those who dwell in darkness from the prison. (GODS BIG BOOK) By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment