Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 26 Chapter 107 v 19 v 20 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS



" Lord , help !" they cried in their trouble ,and He saved them from their distress .

He sent His word and healed them ,snatching them from the door of death .


STEP 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.


Anyone that is now sober can testify that they had one foot in the grave and it is only by Gods mercy and grace they are still here with us among the living . Snatched is the word we need to focus on ! The definition of the word is ! To grasp or seize hastily, eagerly, or suddenly. Suddenly , is the word I use to describe my sobriety . Out of somewhere a super natural strength came upon me . Desire and temptations to use suddenly lost their unbreakable grip . What once mastered me was now under my (GODS) control . No longer did I have to go wandering in the middle of the night on a mission to satisfy the unquenchable desires that drove me where ever they wanted me to go . This is my life a gift given too me , no longer do I have to waste away . I AM FREE !



2 Corinthians 1:10 We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and He will deliver us. On Him we have set our hope that He will continue to deliver us.
By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment