YPR is less than three years old, but we have already made huge strides in spreading the message that recovery works for young people. We are fighting the stigma of addiction with a multifaceted approach:
• We are reaching out to politicians, letting them know about the obstacles facing young people in recovery and how they can be overcome;
• And we are active with collegiate recovery communities, sharing the importance of strong recovery communities on college campuses.
Today, YPR is launching an online fundraising campaign to raise $10,000 to redesign our website so that we can continue to spread our message. A revamped website will help us spread our message that “Recovery Works” to a larger audience by:
• Making the site a go-to resource for young people in recovery who want to fight the stigma of addiction.
• Making the site a resource for YPR state chapters, and making it easier for young people to locate and become involved with their state chapters.
• Coordinating and organizing our movement by creating a central source for announcements, news updates, and calls to action.
• Providing a place for young people in recovery to share their stories, and letting young people know that they are not alone in recovery.
• Sharing our achievements with a nationwide recovery community.
• Make a donation. YPR has a large base of online supporters, and if everyone donated $5, we would easily reach and exceed our goal of $10,000.
• Spread the word. Like, comment, share, and repost our messages on Facebook, twitter instagram and via your personal e-mail!
• Speak up. Let people know how recovery has made a difference in your life.
Thank you for your support and commitment to YPR!
Way to be a great example of young people empowering young people!
Happy to support you guys in getting your website up and running! GO YPR!
|Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew
YPR-WI, Aaron's House Madison