Monday, October 7, 2013

Ask4Recovery – 9/26/13 – What does it mean to be the best version of myself?

Ask4Recovery – 9/26/13 – What does it mean to be the best version of myself?

by Ask4RecoveryHello friends! Today’s ‘Ask’…What does it mean to be the best version of myself?I lived for many years distant from this version of myself. I cared more about appeasing others and constantly compromised my values and sense of being. I didn’t allow for the best version of myself to thrive. To come to fruition. I was scared. Not aware of my potential or true purpose for being here. My addictions kept up that brick wall and didn’t allow for me to feel the beauty of life.Now, I have learned to accept. To accept myself on entirely new levels and capacities. With this, I can live the life I was put here to live. I can embrace compassion, love, patience, serenity, forgiveness. I can remain humble and at one. At one with the world around me. I spent many years ‘separate’ from and unable to find my place in the world. That is no longer the case. One day at a time.Sending love,LaurenAsk4Recovery | September 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Tags:addiction, compassion, hope,love, recovery, strength | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/p3wKKk-bZComment   See all commen

No comments:

Post a Comment