- Philadelphia and Bucks County Recovery Houses
- In The Rooms
- Recovery Centers America PA
- Day Break Solutions Treatment Pa.
- My Recovery Online meetings
- Recovery Connections You Tube Channel
- Christian Rehab Center locator
- Jade Recovery Veterans Support
- HELP FOR TEENS
- Pregnancy Help Choice One
- ARS All Resource Solutions
- Pro Act Philly
- Rehab Help
- Northbound Veterans Help
- Costal Detox Fla.
Monday, March 18, 2013
The recreational use of marijuana is a violation of international law, the United Nations International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) warned the United States this week.
Raymond Yans, president of the INCB, spoke about new laws in Colorado and Washington that legalize the recreational use of marijuana, at the U.N. Commission on Narcotic Drugs in Vienna. He noted U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in December that, regardless of any changes in state law, growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law. Yan called this “good, but insufficient,” Reuters reports.
He added the United States has an obligation to ensure the implementation of international drug control treaties throughout the country. Recreational marijuana use violates the U.N. Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961, Yan said.