Friday, August 10, 2012

Prescription Narcotic Addiction Awareness.The Hugely Unnoticed Epidemic.


I want to do everything I can to wake up the general public!!!
My mission is to make something good come out of tragedy. I want doctors to pay attention and think twice before they write a prescription for a narcotic.I want people to see addiction as a disease that has no predjudice. I want this subject of prescription medication to be headline news. It should be!! If there were this many people dying from a flu or virus it would be covered by every news channel in the country. My goal is to make this happen!!
Description
My brother Aaron "Ace" Cassidy passed away March 20, 2009. He was the last person in the world anyone would ever suspect of having a problem with addiction. Aaron was handsome, athletic, talented, funny, successful, responsible and very loved by his family and friends. His death has left a huge hole in my heart that I feel can only be filled by making something good come out what happened to him.
I want people to start talking about this epidemic, because that is exactly what it is. Addictin is an illness that has nothing to do with willpower or moral character. My brother was strong and he was a good man. He went for help and the treatment (methadone) is what contributed to his death. So many families are losing loved ones unnecessarily. The next time you hear someone talking casually about taking pills for recreational purpose, I beg you to emphasize to that person that these drugs are deadly and no better than heroine or crack. If you are struggling with addiction please know that you are not alone and someone cares.



No comments:

Post a Comment