Friday, September 24, 2021

A personal story of struggle and hope. Email #3

Hart House and the Little Flower that Could
An excerpt from a resident's personal story of struggle and hope.

My story is that of the lotus. I was born in the mud. Hart House was and is my means to bloom.

Shelter, safety and food might be basic needs but they’ve just been a foreign luxury to me. I had an abusive “home” until I became homeless as a juvenile after my mother’s brain aneurism. At that point, all I could do was survive one tragedy to another.

Life was possible but so was tragedy. I was stolen and forced into a human trafficking ring for 3 months. I broke free, was caught and broke free again but addicted, scared and broken with no family or home.

The police called Hart House and I now had the space, support, safety and hope to stop enduring life and learn to enjoy it! How will I stay warm? Hart House clothed me. How will I be healthy? Hart House fed me. How will I be strong? Hart House and the other residents guiding me towards resources and loving me until I could love myself. Not only am I gaining strength, I’m home. This must be what a family is.

Please help us provide housing and support to the people in your community who need it most.

Make a gift today!

This is the last email of our welcome series.
You will receive our monthly e-newsletter soon. 

Missions Inc. Programs
3409 E. Medicine Lake Blvd  | Plymouth, Minnesota 55441
763.559.1883 | Giving@missionsinc.org

Follow Us On Social Media!


No comments:

Post a Comment