Sunday, February 3, 2019

February 3,2019 Through the Twelve Steps With Spiritual Truth from Scripture TODAY 2


Step 2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

Psalm 104 4 -Some wandered in the wilderness, lost and homeless. 5 Hungry and thirsty, they nearly died.6 “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he rescued them from their distress.

This verse reminds me so much of the life I once lived. The very thought of what my life once was turns my stomach into Knots and my blood pressure begins to rise. Anxiety and fear begin to grip me ! Living and breathing was an arduous task and death was an invited and welcomed friend but it didn't come. Sadness that I could feel physically, like two heavy arms holding me and not letting me move. Constant trouble caused and received ,behavior that was animal like and criminal .Crushing shame and guilt for the wrong of done, just mentioning it now fills my eyes with tears.Homeless yes but by choice chasing my comfort to numb the devastating effects of my life in a whole. Expecting every minute to be my last !From time to time I would her voices and not the ones abusing me in my head.They were calm voices gently asking God to save me ,it was my Mother,Father, and Sister.At my darkest and lowest point where death I believed heard my pleas was going to come but instead an , Angel of light appeared to me under a bridge . He came out of nowhere and the world around me disappeared , as HE stood in front of me  with an outstretched arm He handed me a book .In that book was the story of my life ! On the last page of the book was a photo of me surrounded by flames with my hands up to heaven pleading for help but it was too late . At that moment I was Spiritually awakened from within! Supernaturally I received the power and ability to walk away from Hell and into Gods amazing purposed driven life He had designed for me. That was Fifteen years ago .I have been delivered healed and restored and will never go back.

Galatians 5-1 1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections Network
Psalm 103:3 Who pardons all your iniquities,Who heals all your diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment