Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Facebook
Twitter
TheFix.com





November 17 - 22
COMING UP IN THE FIX// Kat Von D on Gratitude / Consent, Intoxication, and Memory / I Tried CBD for Anxiety / Holiday Survival Guide / My Fifth DUI / A Rehab "Body Broker" Speaks Out
SURVIVAL// 13 Tips for Dealing with Your Family on Thanksgiving...Sober
Fast forward in time—in a few hours, it will all be over. This evening will be a blip in your memory. You'll still be sober, and you'll be back to your normal life.
By Helaina Hovitz
Share
Tweet
Forward
JUDGEMENT// AA Old-Timers and the Stigma of Relapse
"It's only by the grace of God that I'm sober." So the big wizard in the sky is too involved in keeping you drink and drug-free to keep the rest of us on the straight and narrow, huh?
By Amy Dresner
Share
Tweet
Forward
END IT// Let’s Start Talking About Naloxone in the Rooms
I dislike it when people wield the number of deaths they’ve seen as some sort of old-timer cred. “Stick around and you’ll see: people die.” We should be openly talking about the overdose antidote naloxone in recovery circles.
By Jess Williams
Share
Tweet
Forward
LIVING SOBER// On the Fourteenth Anniversary of My Sobriety
The truth is that I can remember almost the exact moment when I finally gave up the sadness that had consumed my life.
By L.Robert Veeder
Share
Tweet
Forward
CHANGE// I Sucked at Helping My Daughter Overcome Her Heroin Addiction Until...
I flounder in the pain of betrayal when my few pieces of "good" jewelry disappear, my bank account is emptied, the police call in the middle of the night––always in the middle of the night.
By Linda Dahl
Share
Tweet
Forward
BEST OF THE QUICK FIX
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Apparent Envy
This week, Linda Dahl reflected on her struggles trying to help her addicted daughter get sober. Commenters appreciated, and envied, how far she went to help as a parent.

My parents have stubbornly stuck by the "let her hit rock bottom and when she comes crawling back begging for help, sweetly explain that she is clearly unfixably broken as well as a heartless sociopathic liar and con artist, so even though it breaks our dear little hearts, unless you agree to hand over complete control of your entire life and do exactly what we have decided is best for you, you can just go back to what we imagine is something like a lifetime movie crossed with borderline retardation, IQ wise, and undoubtedly becoming a crack smoking streetwalker with aids and many other unpleasant diseases. Love you, sweetie! Enjoy attempting to better yourself!"

It has not been effective.

-Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment