Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Facebook
Twitter
TheFix.com





Oct 27 - Nov 2
COMING UP IN THE FIX// Why Can't I Just Smoke Pot? / 5 Ways Life Would Be Different If I Was Still Drinking / Are Narcan Parties Real? / Gendered Language in 12-Step Texts / (Not) Helping My Addicted Daughter / DARE Redux / Opioid Laws and Kids in Pain
NOT COUNTING// Why I Don't Have a Sobriety Date
Ticking off each day that I don't take a drug requires too much focus on an aspect of my life that I am trying to leave behind.
By Elizabeth Brico
Share
Tweet
Forward
LATE FATHER// The Transformative Power of Grief and Loss
I was becoming what I hated most in this world. I was becoming my father. It was the metamorphosis of the monster.
By Christopher Smith
Share
Tweet
Forward
HORROR// Trauma, Alcoholism and Horror: My New Relationship With Halloween
People with PTSD frequently seek out events or experiences that evoke similar feelings to the original trauma in an attempt to work through it.
By Helaina Hovitz
Share
Tweet
Forward
THE WAVE// Healing Trauma Through Surfing
At the end of one of our first sessions, a Marine who has initially been jostling back and forth, said, "I think this is going to save my life. I feel alive again."
By Kristen McGuiness
Share
Tweet
Forward
FILM// Todd "Z-Man" Zalkins Profiled in Award-Winning Documentary
The documentary zeroes in on "Z-Man's" intervention skills as much as it traces his deep connection to Sublime lead singer Bradley Nowell's family.
By Paul Fuhr
Share
Tweet
Forward
BEST OF THE QUICK FIX
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Doesn't Count
This week, Elizabeth Brico shared why she doesn't count her days drug-free. While most readers agreed that holding every person in recovery to a perfect clean streak isn't the best way to go, some saw value in keeping themselves accountable.

I find it is common for people that frequently relapse, to not want to "have a sobriety date." These "blips and slips" are relapses in the recovery process. When you understand that addiction is a thinking disease, you will then begin to see the mental and emotional relapsing that takes place long before you physically pick up. Uninterrupted sobriety in recovery. Relapse does NOT have to be a apart of your journey. If you are allowing yourself to "blip" and "slip" and continue on without any work at all, without going back and starting new..working hard on sobriety, do you ever feel confident that you will live a life truly free from the chains of addiction? To thine own self be true.

-Amy Sheridan


MORE>>
Copyright © signed 2017 The Fix, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you sign up at our website, TheFix.com.

Our mailing address is:
The Fix
20929 Ventura Blvd
STE 47-137
Woodland HillsCA 91364

No comments:

Post a Comment