Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 6 CHP 112 v  7 v 8 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


They do not fear bad news ; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them .
They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.
(GODS BIG BOOK)


STEP 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.


To live a life full of addictions , is a life of fear and failures. Let me rephrase that ! Afraid  , sad , alone  , and lost was my life ! Living and scrambling every minute  of everyday .  Dreading what was gonna happen next and not very sure  I was gonna make it through , or every time passing out uncertain I was gonna see the sun again.  I can honestly say after fourteen years of brutally honest twelve step work I am not afraid of my present , past , and future. I have discovered a God who is a loving patient and merciful Father. He loves me in spite of me !He has pulled me from the darkness and removed my chains .Through my prayer and meditation on His words (GODS BIG BOOK) I am no longer afraid or ruled by my Ego. Addictions no longer dictate the everyday grind of life. True freedom is a gift GOD has for all of us but addictions , fear , and sadness are chains that will hold you in the darkness .



2 Peter 1:2-4 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. (GODS BIG BOOK) By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment