Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 7 CHAP 51 v 12 v 13 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and make me willing to obey you .Then I will teach your ways to rebels , and they will return to you .  ( GODS BIG BOOK )

Salvation - preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss. (GOOGLE)


Rebel- a person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or ruler.(GOOGLE)

STEP 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to people, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.


Spiritual Awakening-   "God's quickening visitation of his people, touching their hearts and deepening his work of grace in their lives." (J. I. Packer)


It is very important to know the meaning of these words and especially the term " Spiritual Awakening " ! If you look closely at the Psalm and the part that says make me willing to obey is a statement that speaks volumes . Also take a look at teach rebels your ways ! None of us are willing to obey God and live a life that is full of right living and peace. From the time of birth we rebel and go against the grain ,well at least  I did. As I grew there was no way in hell you were gonna tell me what to do or how to get there .I was in every sense of the word a Rebel ,I even have a tattoo of a rebel skull to prove it . God uses our rebellion to teach us ,break us ,and shape us into the master pieces he has envisioned us to be . In my rebellion I discovered drugs and alcohol and that was adding a match to dynamite .My rebellion became insanity and once there my head and heart became stone and absolutely no one could tell me anything because , I knew everything .One day  during a medical procedure I almost lost my Father and the pain and fear of that brought on my spiritual awakening God heard my tears and He touched my heart and broke me !Suddenly I  realized  my life was not about me  it was about  my family !The reality of the heartache and pain I caused them was dropped on me like a ton of bricks ! Though the first year of my recovery was hard and very painful ,  Gratitude became my attitude and humility became the way !  

Ezekiel 12:2, "Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they have ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house. (GODS BIG BOOK) BY Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment