Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 4 CHAP 46 v 1 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALM



God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble.   (GODS BIG BOOK)



STEP 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out .
After fourteen years of living clean ,I can honestly say that the Psalm is true . There is no denying ,that God is real ! He picked me up cleaned me up and continually holds me up .  Recovery is not a one man show ! Starting with steps one through twelve reveal and  maintain and insist on the presence of GOD with us and for us .Before God and the twelve steps , I was strung out ,homeless ,depressed , suicidal , paralyzed with fear and angry at the world and I very much hated the ones who loved me most. Now when troubles come instead of preparing to do war with the world or getting higher that a kite , I  find a quiet place and talk it out with the GOD of the universe , my Father my helper my friend .






Psalm 147:3   “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
                        (GODS BIG BOOK)    By Joseph Dickerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment