Friday, December 5, 2014

   I remember sitting in our dining hall last year almost across from Jacqueline when she said this was her "first Christmas". I was blown away!

 
     How could someone in there twenties make such a statement? Reading her testimony again today, I was moved to tears. What a powerful proclamation of the power of God and the love of God shown through the gift of His Son.

 
     Jacqueline's family was constantly moving and her father "wasn't in the picture". The sexual, physical and emotional abuse she suffered as a child produced a life filled with trauma, and years when she became heavily addicted to drugs.

 
     It was that addiction and the inability to deal with the suffering in her life that brought Jacqueline to His Mansion.        

 
     "My first impression of His Mansion was shock," she says. "I was shocked at the physical beauty of the place and the sense of peace. I was also scared being around so many people all the time...I didn't know what to expect."

 
     That has changed by the time last Christmas came around. "I was beyond blessed with gifts from people I didn't even know; the family dinners, the Advent series in the church and the play in the barn."

 
     "I cried often because there was so much love and beauty. I hope future holidays will be good and I want to continue experiencing them for what they truly are: a celebration of Christ with family and friends!"

 
     As I reflected on Jacqueline's story and the up coming Christmas season, I was reminded of when the angels appears to the shepherds and begins to speak in a thunderous voice, "Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be unto all people!"

 
     The shepherds hurry to Bethlehem. They see Mary and the Babe. And when they have seen Him, "they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed".
     
     Today, you and I are the shepherds. And the message is the same: "Good tidings of great joy!" 

 
     We are the shepherds.  And young people like Jacqueline, are souls loved by God who need His guidance and His direction to set their lives back on the right path.

 
     As you have seen in this amazing testimony, hearts are filled with the love of Jesus, we also want to give them some wonderful new memories of the celebration of His birth.

 
     Your special Christmas Gift of $100, $25 or $50 will be a means in which God shares His love with some very lonely and broken young men and women that will creative wonderful new memories of the holidays with us here on The Hill.

 
     Please continue to be a part of what God is doing here at His Mansion by giving a gift on our website at HisMansion.com.

 
     May you and those you loved be blessed this Christmas,
Ed Perrine, CEO

 
P.S. Thank you for your passion to see lives restored live changes this Christmas season.



No comments:

Post a Comment