Sunday, December 7, 2014

DECEMBER 7 Chp 69 v 32 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS

Let the oppressed see it and be glad ; you who seek God , let your hearts revive.


Oppressed- to burden with cruel or unjust impositions or restraints; subject to a burdensome or harsh exercise of authority or power:to lie heavily upon (the mind, a person, etc.to weigh down, as sleep or weariness does.Archaic. to put down; subdue or suppress.
Archaic. to press upon or against; crush. 


Revive - comes from the Latin roots re-, meaning “again,” and vivere, meaning “to live.” So, the word revive means “live again.” While the possibility of bringing folks back from the dead isn't something we’re qualified to comment on, we will note that revive can be used in a sense that’s very close to its literal meaning; specifically, revive can mean “cause someone to regain consciousness.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God 


I think it is so important to know the true meaning of these words. Gods Big Book contains a lot of them , that at times can be confusing. I wanted to be sure about the words oppressed and revive. Now that I have seen the real meaning behind these words my eyes have been opened in a new way and the Psalm has new meaning. Oppressed any way you slice it is what life is like in active addiction . Revive now that words meaning really got my attention. Back from the dead ,whoa that hit me like a truck. Mentally , physically , and spiritually I was a corpse in a living body .Addiction has a funny way of killing you yet letting you barely live.Like a zombie or a robot is how I lived my life. Feeling-less , untouchable , driven by an insatiable desire to get high at any and all costs to life and limbs. How our brains slip into snooze and our hearts become in-trenched in a impenetrable force field is beyond my comprehension .Back from the dead is the best way to describe sobriety .Hey didn't Jesus come back from the dead and didn't He go to hell for three days to release the captives before He walked out His tomb. That is something to dwell on. Gods Big Book states when we find Jesus we find life ,so is it possible your not finding Jesus .For many years there my oppression from addiction in every sense of the word kept me trapped in chains unable too live my life to Gods given full potential. I found Jesus and was revived to live again and I am living to my full potential unafraid and back from the dead . By Joseph Dickerson









 

No comments:

Post a Comment