Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 19 Chp 38 v 11 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM PSALMS 

My loved ones and friends stay away , fearing my disease . Even my own family stands at a distance . 


STEP 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all .



We have become the monster(addiction) under the bed ! Most are afraid of the monster(addiction) under the bed because we cant figure out where it come from , and how do we get rid of it . The monster(addiction) under the bed was me and when I finally revealed my ugly head my family was frightened . For quite some time I managed to only let the monster(addiction) come out when they were not looking but after time feeding the monster(addiction) it got stronger and stronger and I could no longer control it. Once out of my control it spread terror throughout my home ! My monster(addiction) wanted to be fed all the time and it did not matter what it stole or who it hurt .My family were its first victims not only fear was spread but sadness , my monster(addiction) was mean and all it cared about was being fed . My true friends were the next to be chased away by my monster(addiction) .Before long I was alone with my monster(addiction) , I was broken , exhausted and desperate to get away from my monster(addict) . My monster(addiction) now held me close and drug me into the darkness .No matter how hard I tried to get away my monster(addiction) just held tighter. All I could do was cry out in anger at my monster . In that darkness I saw a small ray of light coming under the bed and in the light I saw the shadow of hand reaching out , immediately I grabbed that hand and my monster(addiction) couldn't hold me anymore and I was free . 


Romans 6 : 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?




By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment