Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17 Chp 31 v 10 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALM


I am dying from grief ; my years are shortened by sadness .Sin (addiction) has drained my strength ; I am wasting away from within .


STEP 1- We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.


I will never forget what the Psalm is describing ! Fourteen years ago that was my life ! I sit here praying and scrambling for the words to describe just how sad I was then and I am at a loss. Words are not descriptive enough to describe the sorrows that once controlled me. I was a puppet on strings in the hands of Satan , his purpose was to keep me treading water in the sea of my tears just seeing safety's shore in the distance but every time I got close to rescue he pulled me right back in .Straining in my mind trying to get glimpse and a feeling from the past , brings tears to my eyes. Too think ,addiction the puppet was once me and satan was my puppet master no longer brings saddens or fear .In the midst of my sea of sadness was a set of stairs going straight into the sun , I cried out and the tide changed and I was being drawn to those steps and magnificent light and with all my strength I could muster the strings that once held me snapped .I realize now That God was the light and Jesus was the Tide .


2 Timothy 2:26 And they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment